To enable free holistic healthcare and wellbeing support to communities in need.
Health In Kind is a not-for-profit organisation based in Australia that provides holistic healthcare support to communities in need. Our purpose is to bridge the potential gaps between local health providers and individuals.
Our Services Include:
– General medical screening and consultation
– Allied health screening and consultation
– Dental checks and treatments
– Group health education sessions
– Mental health support
– Healthy meals for schools
– Wellbeing programs
Qualified and registered medical, dental and allied health professionals volunteer their time to provide health and dental screenings and medical advice. These services are provided in a friendly and comfortable environment.
Our values are the core of who we are, They are our sincerely held guiding principles of the work we do. Our values are,
We work hard to understand our clients’ context holistically, recognising that their social, mental and emotional wellbeing needs must also be met for lasting change.
The work we do stems from a genuine love for humanity and caring about the people we work with and serve.
We seek continually to deliver and provide better care and support with compassion by giving each client quality time and a listening ear.
We ensure the services we provide are of the highest quality possible and seek ways to continually improve.
Whether it be serving our clients or working with each other, we uphold and maintain respect for all those we connect.
Examples of our work in Australia include
- Partnering with existing organisations to deliver health services to targeted groups (ie. refugees)
- Attending community events to perform health screens – e.g. the Kinship festival in NSW to provide health screens and education to the local Australian Aboriginal community;
- Visiting schools and daycares to provide regular health education and screenings in areas of high disadvantage and low access to health care
- Providing free vaccinations to high risk populations e.g. the homeless
- Advocating for accessible and affordable referral path ways for ongoing intervention and management – e.g. referring persons of refugee status for follow up consultations, medical imaging and surgical procedures on a pro-bono basis.
Our recent partnership with Sai Prema Foundation in Fiji has also allowed us to extend our reach in Fiji and examples of our work in Fiji include
- Provision of medical and dental equipment;Volunteering at rural outreach medical camps
- Volunteering at a free medical clinic in Suva
- Supporting the equipment fit-out of a Children’s Heart Hospital in Suva that will provide surgeries completely free of cost to children.
The work we do will not be possible without the wonderful partnerships with these organizations and the dedicated people behind them who share our passion in bringing better well-being to communities.
We are privileged to be working in tandem with these not-for-profit organizations and would like to take this opportunity to thank them for their support, cooperation and mostly for their belief in our work and mission.